Learn how to create a streaming service like Netflix . Learn how to launch a streaming service with unique features. We'll quickly see how this is done.
It’s no secret that Netflix is the leader in the video streaming industry. By April 2020, the video streaming giant had almost 183 million subscribers. In 2019, the company’s annual revenue reached 20.15 billion U.S. dollars.
The best part? The demand for streaming services is growing, and most likely, it won’t stop any time soon. Now is the perfect time to create a streaming service like Netflix! But how do you start a streaming service? What is the right strategy to build an app like Netflix, and how much will it cost? In this post, we will try to address all those questions. But before you go any further, check out some facts and statistics about Netflix. Let’s begin!
Netflix Facts and Statistics
To help you find out more about the media industry leader, below are some interesting facts and statistics about Netflix you should know about:
- Netflix is available in over 190 countries. 47% of Americans prefer Netflix over any other video streaming service (News10)
- As of Q3 2020, Netflix had 195.15 million paid subscribers. (Statista, 2020)
- Netflix is now worth more than Disney
- Netflix is worth $162 billion as of April 2020 (Comparitech, 2020)
- Creating a streaming service is one of the most lucrative business ideas in the entertainment industry.
- You can create your streaming service learning from Netflix’s business strategy, but if you want to reach your business goals, work on building an app that’s unique and stands out.
- Different factors determine the total cost of building an app like Netflix, including the number of features, design specifications, supported platforms, etc.
- Once you have a clear picture of your project, choose the outsourcing agency to bring your idea into reality.