It has been more than 2 decades and we’re still using CSS for styling. It is simple to learn and here to stay for many years to come. As frontend developer, you are expected to be solid at CSS styling no matter what technologies you’re using.
This post covers 14 essential CSS topics, originally published at ageek.dev, which you think you already know but might not be deep enough to be extremely productive on modern web development.
- A bit about CSS history
- On problems of CSS
- Current state of CSS
- How CSS works under the hood
- How to calculate CSS specificity
- A closer look at CSS cascading
- Writing less CSS code with inheritance
- Different CSS layouts
- Beloved CSS frameworks
- CSS-in-JS styling technique
- Long-standing CSS methodologies
- Extending standard CSS by preprocessors
- The opinionated decision on CSS resets
- The need of CSS style guides
Thanks for reading!