As per the basic rule of the coding challenge, I will code for one hour everyday for the next 100 days, starting from Nov 22, 2021. To hold myself accountable, I committed to the challenge publicly on Twitter with the hashtag of 100DaysOfCode. I also post about my daily progress on Twitter everyday. My daily tweet includes a link to my Fork of the Alex Kallaway's 100DaysOfCode GitHub repository where I sum up my daily task. At the end of every week, on Sunday, I will write a recap of my week here on DEV.
So, here is a recap of my first week.
//Vs Multiline comments
/**/. Use comments to document your code.
- Variable declaration
- If you do a mathematical operation on an
undefinedvariable your result will be
NaNwhich means Not a Number
- Variable initialization
- Variable names can be made up of numbers, letters, and $ or _, but may not contain spaces or start with a number.
let. The keyword
letwas introduced in introduced in ES6. Unlike
var, when you use
let, a variable with the same name can only be declared once.
- Declare a Read-Only Variable with the
constkeyword was also introduced in ES6.
- Operations on Decimal/Floating point numbers
- Compound Assignment With Augmented operations
- Escape Sequences in Strings, e.g. escape a single quote
- String Concatenation (
- Find the Length of a String in JavsScript
- Mad Libs style word game we're calling "Word Blanks". String concatenation.
- Variable vs Array, Array declaration, Array Syntax
- Nested or Multi-dimensional array
- Accessing/modifying array elements: braket notation and zero based indexing
- Access Multi-Dimensional Arrays With IndexesPassed
- Manipulate Arrays With
- Function Parameters vs Arguments
- Returning values from functions
- Local vs Global Scope and Functions
- Assignment with a return value
- Use conditional logic with if statement
- Inequality Operator
!=and the Strict Inequality Operator
- Comparison with the operators
- Comparison with the Logical OR
||and the Logical AND
- Logical order in If Else statements
- Chaining If Else statements
- Golf Code (exercise chaining If Else statements)
casevalues are tested with strict equality (
- Adding a Default Option in Switch Statements
- Multiple Identical Options in Switch Statements
- Replacing If Else Chains with Switch
- Returning Boolean Values from Functions
- Return Early Pattern for Functions
- Counting Cards game (exercise Switch Case statements)
~ Thank you