The following is excusive for DEV. 😉 I want to help you earn some extra money if you're short or live in a poor country.
My request to you is, if you have profited, help someone too, it can be as simple as posting a blog entry on DEV.
Of course you can also buy me a coffee.
After one year on Redbubble I could turn over about $433. That doesn't sound like much, but with a portfolio of about 10 designs until June that's a good amount. It was not until February 2020 that I started uploading more designs.
- Share your shop link on social media and you will get something, even if it's not your products that are sold, but some other on Redbubble.
- Your products will be sold and you will receive a commission which you can determine yourself.
- Do it better than me and research good keywords for your designs. Write a description and translate your work into other languages like German. The translations of Redbubble are bad.
- Best so far are designs that are indexed by Google. So sayings of famous people for example.
- You can use a tool like eRank to find keywords for your designs. The keyword tool costs only about $9 per month. Find keywords that have a lot of searches on Amazon and Etsy, but little competition. You can do the same on Redbubble, search for a term and compare the number of results with the good designs.
- Use community apps and learn what the bigger interests are. So if you like baking, what are they talking about? Are there jokes being made, are special cookies particularly popular?
- For stickers, go to 100% margin minimum.
Silicon Valley (Startups in general)
Of course you can also go to a completely different area you know about and people are interested in.
- A simple design with the text DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT.
- alias cd='rm -rf' on black background with green text
- Simple sayings from designers I googled. (These are indexed 🎉)
- 1st place are stickers
- Second place is T-shirts
- Place 3 are acrylic blocks
- Word Swag (iOS/Android)