It is the last day of January and I am kicking off my first blog post of the year with a reflection on 2020. I thought I would take a moment to pause to reflect on the previous year.
Firstly, what a year 2020 was, it certainly was a rollercoaster. Finishing my final year studies in the middle of a pandemic was undeniably something. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and managed to achieve the goals I set out for myself and more! I have put together a list of positive things to take away from 2020 despite it being a really tough year.
- Attended Work in the Web 2020, a 3-day development workshop for students who want to work in the web industry at Mixd💛
- Developed my first app and worked with Women in Tech UK on my dissertation project Codability💜
- Finished my placement as a Junior Developer at Mixd💻
- Completed some online courses (The Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, Communication and Interpersonal Skills at Work, Intro to Web Development, React Essential Training)📚
- Graduated from the University of Leeds, School of Media and Communication with a 2:1 BA Honours Degree in Digital Media wooo!🎓
- Completed a Code First Girls course🌸
- Virtual Technology Internship with BrightNetwork🎉
- Started my own blog and CCMedia was born!✨
- Left my first ever job as a Warehouse Operative after 5 and a half years💙
- Got my first full-time job as a Software Developer on the Software Engineering graduate scheme at Sky!👩💻
- Finally created a Tech Twitter to join the #DevCommunity @CCcodes_x 🌟
Of course a lot of not so-good things happened this year too, I had to overcome some real big challenges and struggled through tough times. However, I try to focus on the positives. 2020 was a really big year for me and reflecting back has made me realise just how far I have come.
- Expand my coding knowledge 🖥️
- Keep on top of my blog by posting once a month 🤞
- Connect more the with DevCommunity on Twitter 🐦
- Try kick imposter syndrome to the curb 💪
- Work on more side projects 💡
Despite everything, did you achieve anything awesome in 2020? Do you have any goals for 2021? ⬇️