React Beginner Question Thread ⚛
Dan Abramov Dec 24 '17
Hey folks! My name is Dan, and I work on the React team.
I really like the idea of semi-regular “beginner threads” where people can ask simple questions without getting judged. This seems like a great community so I thought: can we try this here? 🙂
We run a thread like this on Reddit but to be honest I'm finding Reddit hard to use and very impersonal so I don't hang out there much.
The rules are simple:
- One question per comment.
- The questions have to be about React.
- No question is too simple! Seriously, ask away, I don’t bite.
- Try to keep questions to a few paragraphs at most. If you need a code sample, put it in a gist or, better, a sandbox.
- Please reply to the questions too if you know the answer! I might not be able to reply to all of them although I’ll do my best for this thread.
Note this is an experiment. 😉 I don’t know if enough people here are React users, and if the format is a good fit for this website. If that’s not interesting to you folks that is fine too. Cheers!