The cover image was gently stolen from Avalander's post.
Graveyards... so far
Zombies... so far
Brief: Track your progress during #100DaysOfCode event.
It was one of my first open-source projects and I developed it while joining the #100DaysOfCode challenge. It helped me tracking my progress and gaining more experience with Ruby and TDD.
I had the chance to publish something on RubyGems for the first time and it was very exciting.
Although there were some more features to implement, as soon as the challenge was over I didn't need it anymore.
Brief: Yet another boilerplate project to start building your Sinatra web-app.
Finished: I don't think so
When I was playing with Sinatra (a Ruby micro-framework) I wanted to create my custom boilerplate project — though there were a lot of similar projects on GitHub.
It allowed configuration via YAML files and came with the right configuration to use Sass, PostgreSQL and RSpec.
As soon as I switched to Laravel and Express I didn't use Sinatra very often and I didn't update the project since.
Language: Guess it? Yeah! Ruby
Brief: A command-line tool to pair fonts based on FontPair.co website.
Finished: I sure did
Well, this was my second attempt to write a Ruby gem and I did it.
I discovered FontPair.co which is an amazing website, and I wanted to browse their fonts combinations from the command-line and offline too.
So I developed a Ruby gem to do so and I still use it today, though I didn't update it since February 2018.
Brief: A news reader wrote in Flask which use machine learning to classify articles.
Okay, this was the most recent one to die.
It was a project I worked on in order to learn more about machine learning and web development with Python and I've learnt a lot thanks to it.
It provided the common features of a news reader and it used machine learning to classify incoming news and grouping them in different categories. I had the chance to work with libraries like NumPy and Scikit-Learn and I learnt a lot about developing web applications with Flask.
Unfortunately, I messed up a bit with the code — being my first time with Python — and I did want to add unit tests but I didn't.
However, there were some more features to implement but I decided to jump on other projects and it did die quickly.