In case you haven't heard, Pluralsight is making their entire catalog of over 7,000 video courses available for free during the month of April. And you don't even need a credit card to sign up for the free month either.
So I thought I would put a playlist of the courses that I want to watch and document my progress here.
I chose ASP.NET Core because while I use C# and Xamarin (disclaimer: I just completed a course on Xamarin for Pluralsight that you can watch here for free during April!) I've never really taken a structured approach to the web side. I'm a Python developer when it come to web applications but some of the recent developments with ASP.NET Core make it a very attractive alternative such as:
- .NET Core (and thus ASP.NET Core) is longer tied to Windows. It is officially supported by Microsoft on macOS and a wide range of Linux distributions as well.
- It is no longer tied to Visual Studio. Now Visual Studio on Windows will still give you an experience that you can't get with other tools. There is a version of Visual Studio for macOS but it doesn't have as many features. During the release of .NET Core, Visual Studio Code was announced. This editor is free, open source and cross platform providing a lightweight workflow inspired by Visual Studio.
- .NET Core is open source. This one is not as important to me because free and open source does not necessarily mean more accessible. What is important is that Microsoft is taking contributions from the community. It's evidence that the company is listening to customers and is not living in a Windows-only world.
So without further ado, here are the courses that I am putting on my ASP.NET Core FREEApril playlist:
- ASP.NET Core Fundamentals - Scott Allen
- Building Web Applications with ASP.NET Core MVC - Gil Cleeren
- Building a RESTful API with ASP.NET Core 3 - Kevin Dockx
- Authentication and Authorization in ASP.NET Core - Roland Guijt
- Entity Framework Core: Getting Started - Julie Lerman
- Securing Application Secrets in ASP.NET Core - Matt Tester
- Implementing Advanced RESTful Concerns with ASP.NET Core 3 - Kevin Dockx
- Securing ASP.NET Core 3 with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect - Kevin Dockx
- Blazor: Getting Started - Gil Cleeren
- Creating Blazor Components - Roland Gujit
- Authentication and Authorization in Blazor Applications - Kevin Dockx
To sign up for the free month of Pluralsight which includes access to these course and many more (plus those I authored!) use this link.