Mobile remote toolkit
Amber Lammers Jun 14
In a world of remote working, it is essential that every developer have a well put together toolkit that is ready to go whenever there is work to be done. Arguably one of the most important things is a good laptop. One that is portable but powerful enough for your needs. I generally use a Mac for my needs. Second, you’re going to need a good sturdy backpack to carry it around. I would also argue it’s a good idea to have a good rain cover for your backpack to protect your belongings.
After that, here is a list of things I generally like to have with me to be able to successfully work from anywhere.
• Hotspot- in case there’s no internet
• Granola bars- because I am always getting hungry
• Charger- never be without one!
• Backup power pack- in case you forgot your charger or there’s no electrical outlet
• Note pad- there’s nothing wrong with handwritten notes sometimes
• Pen- for said notepad
• Water bottle- keep hydrated!
• Headphones- for your listening pleasure or to cancel noise
I usually have all these things already in my work backpack so if/when I need to go, I am ready. What else would you add or what do you all have in your pack?