In case someone needs to install the AMQP PHP extension on XAMPP / WampServer.
- Download the latest stable release from here https://pecl.php.net/package/amqp for your PHP version (TS / NTS, x64 / x86);
- Unpack the archive and copy the php_amqp.dll file to your extensions directory (ex. C:\xampp\php\ext);
- Copy the rabbitmq.X.dll (ex. rabbitmq.4.dll) file to C:\Windows\System;
- Update your php.ini file and add "extension=amqp" at the end of extensions list;
- Restart the web server and you are done;
Classic DEV Post from Dec 12 '18