For anyone who has not yet seen the first post where we introduced Guilds and the idea behind it, make sure to do so here:
So far, it has been great fun to be part of this Hackathon and develop the https://guild.so open-source project. 🤩
We now have the following functionality already in place:
You can add the URL to your Discord Webhook, and you will start getting notifications for actions taken by your Guild!
For example, if a guild member starts or ends their shift, you will get the following message in Discord:
If you leave the Discord field empty, you will not get notifications.
Just like with the Discord notifications, you will be able to do absolutely the same thing with Slack as well. 🙌
We have updated the DigitalOcean Deploy Button. Now you will be able just to hit the button and have the Guild.so app deployed automatically to the DigitalOcean app platform with all of the Database details pre-configured and the necessary run commands in place.
One thing to keep in mind is that we have added a dummy Laravel APP_KEY value, and for security reasons, you need to generate a new one manually and update the value during your deployment.
We've started working on some of the UI changes as well!
- Badges for specific accomplishments (e.g., closed 10 tasks, worked for a total of 100 hours, etc.)
- DigitalOcean Spaces integration to allow users to store their profile photos and other assets on persistent storage.
- Discussion board where people could share ideas
- Shift log where the time when a shift was started and ended is recorded
- Queues for processing the Slack and Discord notifications. We are planning to utilize the Worker components from the App platform
The plan for the infrastructure setup is still staying almost the same. We are just planning to add an additional worker to process the queues. Here is a quick diagram that we've put:
The tools which we've used so far are: