There's been a lot of talk of recognition and congratulating people for a job well done around my office and I wondered what kind of approach other workplaces had to recognise extra effort.
Our team celebrates success with a monthly 'Awesome Award'. Everyone can nominate someone who has gone above and beyond with some nice words and a funny gif on our team Confluence page. This puts things in perspective and lets us all reflect on the good work we do, and everyone loves a funny gif.
The prize is this plaque that the winner gets to have on their desk until the next award ceremony at our team meeting. I've found it a great way to know that I'm on the right track and that my efforts are appreciated by my team mates and my manager. It's really boosted my confidence in the last year when moving into a new team and a new role.
This month, before the summer break, we celebrated with an annual award to celebrate those who had been nominated the most during the year, and those who had made the most nominations.
Does your workplace provide:
- thanks and recognition during your one on one catch ups?
- a meal out or time off for getting through a big project?
- an award at the end of month or end of year for those who have put in extra effort?
- the passing on of good feedback from others when they hear you being complimented on a job well done?
- thank you cards that team members can complete and post on a noticeboard or pass on privately?
- mentoring of new team members to allow them to grow and feel personally supported?
- shout outs through a team channel on Slack or one set up with recognition in mind?
Let me know what your workplace is doing currently and what you'd like to see?
Photo by rawpixel from Pexels