My fellow Microsoft Student Partners and I recently hosted an Azure Fundamentals meetup at our Campus. I realized as students, we have many opportunities and platform we can utilize but are unaware of. Therefore, I will do a recap of how to Activate Azure for students.
Cloud Computing is renting resources, like storage space or CPU cycles, on another company's computers. Azure is Microsoft's Cloud Computing service offering hundreds of resources that enable you to do everything. Services vary from running your existing applications on virtual machines to exploring new software paradigms such as intelligent bots and mixed reality.
- Unlimited raw compute, storage, and networking components.
- Cognitive services e.g. Speech recognition
- Analytics services that enable you to make sense of data
The student subscription gives you $100 in Azure credits for the first 12-months and other free services. This is without needing a credit card but you must use your student email.
- Fist go to Azure Students Platform.
- Login to your Microsoft Account or create a new one if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, you will be prompted to give your phone number.
- Afterwards, you will need to verify your student status by using your student email or a verification code. If you do not have a verification code, use your school email
- Click on the link sent to your student email to verify your email.
- Finally, you will get an email confirming your status, this will give you $100 dollars of credit for 12-months.
Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to exploring Azure.