Originally I shared this digest to Syndicode blog.
Happy Halloween everybody!
As usual, by the end of the month I try to gather and revise all the interesting and popular JS repositories on GitHub. And yesterday I started to doubt about the necessity of my 'ritual'.
From the hundreds of tools available how many you actually use? In my new October JS digest you'll find many interesting open source projects which promise to benefit your work. From libraries to create diagrams and test runners, to full featured React alternatives. But what makes you reconsider the tools you already using and start using something new? How do you decide to change the 'good old trusted' tool to a 'modern promising' one. And have you ever regret about it?
Anyway, here I am with the most interesting
- Mermaid.js is a library for generating diagrams and flowcharts from the text in a similar manner as markdown. 25,789 stars by now
- Preact is a fast 3kB alternative to React with the same modern API. 24,291 stars by now
- Carbon is a library to create and share beautiful images of your source code. 21,961 stars by now
- Swiper is a free and modern mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions and amazing native behavior. 21,558 stars by now
- AVA is a test runner for Node.js with a concise API, detailed error output, embrace of new language features and process isolation that let you write tests more effectively. 16,987 stars by now
- Popper.js is a positioning engine; its purpose is to calculate the position of an element to make it possible to position it near a given reference element. 13,024 stars by now
- ws is a simple to use and thoroughly tested WebSocket client and server implementation. 12,622 stars by now
- ndb is an improved debugging experience for Node.js, enabled by Chrome DevTools. 9,664 stars by now
- Redux Persist to persist and rehydrate a redux store. 9,147 stars by now
- Nock is an HTTP server mocking and expectations library for Node.js. 8,740 stars by now
- React-Static is a fast, lightweight, and powerful progressive static site generator based on React and its ecosystem. 7,970 stars by now
historyabstracts away the differences in various environments and provides a minimal API that lets you manage the history stack, navigate, and persist state between sessions. 5,806 stars by now
- Redux Offline is a Persistent Redux store for Offline-First applications, with support for optimistic UI. Use with React, React Native, or as standalone state container for any web app. 5,638 stars by now
- serve is a static file serving and directory listing. 4,986 stars by now
- Mitt is a 200b functional event emitter / pubsub. 3,664 stars by now
- React Hook Form stands for React hooks for forms validation. Performant, flexible and extensible forms with easy to use for validation. 3,538 stars by now
- react-stripe-elements is a repository with React components for Stripe.js and Stripe Elements. This project allows you to add Elements to any React app and manages the state and lifecycle of Elements for you. 2,591 stars by now
- Taiko is a Node.js library to automate chrome/chromium browser. 1,561 stars by now
- Node-convict is a configuration management library for Node.js. 1,384 stars by now
- Learn Storybook is a static site and content for Storybook tutorials. 1,210 stars by now
- OGL is a small, effective WebGL framework aimed at developers who like minimal layers of abstraction, and are comfortable creating their own shaders. 1,164 stars by now
- transform is a polyglot web converter. 1,158 stars by now
- Fusion.js is a framework for React apps. This is Uber’s open-source universal web framework, which represents the fusion of the client and the server. 1,055 stars by now
Tribute is a cross-browser
@mentionengine written in ES6, no dependencies. Tested in Firefox, Chrome, iOS Safari, Safari, IE 9+, Edge 12+, Android 4+, and Windows Phone. 992 stars by now
- React Swipeable is a React swipe event handler component & hook. 989 stars by now
- Middy is a stylish Node.js middleware engine for AWS Lambda. 978 stars by now
- emittery is a simple and modern async event emitter. 968 stars by now
- Buffer repository stands for the buffer module from Node.js, for the browser. 897 stars by now
Check my previous JS digests here. Maybe the tool you’re looking for can be found there!