Originally I shared this digest to Syndicode blog.
It seems like almost a month passed from my latest Rails digest. Many great conferences have taken place in June and July - you can watch some videos from GORUCO and Ruby HACK here. However, I also have a lot of interesting stuff to share with you. Since the last digest, I collected a bunch of nice Rails GitHub open source projects that will be definitely useful for your work! Here you will find project management software, Bootstrap 4 Ruby gem, performance dashboard for Postgres, CMS, optimized JSON gem and more...
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Weekly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- Zammad is a web-based open source helpdesk/customer support system with many to manage customer communication via several channels like telephone, facebook, twitter, chat, and e-mails.
- Flutie provides some utility view helpers for use with Rails applications. There are helpers for setting a page title and for generating body classes.
- OpenProject is a web-based project management software for planning, scheduling, creating a product roadmap and release planning. It uses Agile and Scrum software development methodologies and provides time tracking along with cost reporting.
- Bootstrap 4 Ruby gem for Ruby on Rails and Hanami.
- Skinny is a full-stack web app framework to build Servlet applications. Skinny framework is highly inspired by Ruby on Rails and it is optimized for sustainable productivity for ordinary Servlet-based app development.
- React-Rails is a flexible tool to use React with Rails. You can Integrate React.js with Rails views and controllers, the asset pipeline, or Webpacker.
- if me is an open source app to share mental health experiences with loved ones.
- PgHero is a performance dashboard for Postgres - health checks, suggested indexes, and more. It is available as a Rails engine, Linux package, and Docker image.
- Snibox is a self-hosted snippet manager. Developed to collect and organize code snippets. Supports various programming languages, markdown, plain text.
- Refinery CMS is an open source content management system for Rails 5.1+.
- Trestle is a modern, responsive admin framework for Ruby on Rails.
- Spreadsheet Architect is a library that allows you to create XLSX, ODS, or CSV custom spreadsheets from ActiveRecord relations, plain Ruby objects, or tabular data. You can create multi-sheet spreadsheets using ActionController renderers for Rails. Plain Ruby also supported!
- Down is a utility tool for streaming, flexible and safe downloading of remote files. It can use open-uri + Net::HTTP, HTTP.rb or wget as the backend HTTP library.
- ActiveRecord-import is a library for bulk inserting data using ActiveRecord. It follows ActiveRecord associations and generating the minimal number of SQL insert statements required, avoiding the N+1 insert problem.
- Oj (Optimized JSON) is a fast Ruby gem that was created by implementing the encoding and decoding of JSON in C, as a C extension to Ruby.
- Staytus is a solution for publishing an information about any issues with your web applications, networks or services.
- acts-as-taggable-on is tagging plugin for Rails applications that allows for custom tagging along dynamic contexts.
- RRRSpec enables you to run RSpec in a distributed manner. It developed to obtain the fault-tolerance properties to process-failures, machine-failures, and unresponsiveness of processes in the automated testing process.
- Koudoku is a robust subscription support for Ruby on Rails apps using Stripe, including out-of-the-box pricing pages, payment pages, and subscription management for your customers.
Find my previous issues about the most popular Rails repositories here.