Healthcare mobile app is a new communication channel between healthcare service providers and patients. However, the benefits of mobile devices in healthcare go beyond the communication channels. They enable better coordination, improve diagnostic accuracy, and build a bridge of trust.
Mobile technology is helping the doctors & nurses to keep a check on patients' health records promptly. Patients can also monitor their health conditions themselves through these Healthcare apps.
What is Healthcare Mobile App?
Healthcare mobile apps, also called mHealth apps, utilize mobile and communication technologies to deliver effective, secure, and affordable healthcare services. Mobile healthcare apps are becoming popular these days. Health mobile app development services (mHealth) are predicted to exceed a $60 billion market by 2020.
What are the benefits of healthcare mobile apps?
- Conduct more convenient doctor-patient communication
- Send online reports regarding the patient's feeling and health (e. g. Diabetics' glucose readings sent to their primary doctor)
- Keep precise online medical records, accessible 24/7 and mobilize all the data
- Lets you book a doctor appointment online - based on letting you look at doctor's profile, where things like photos, qualifications, working experience are included
- Allows you to check the analysis results from lab on your device
- 93% of physicians think mobile health apps can improve patient health.
- Lifestyle Tracking App
- Healthcare Monitoring App
- Medical Insurance Claim
- Healthcare mobile apps ability to access drug information, including dosage calculations, side effects, and interactions; and provide greater access to medical research.
- Patients can easily pay their bills online
- Patients or their family members can purchase prescription medicines online.
- Reminders for the prescribed medicines can be set.
Medical Apps for Patients, Doctors and Staff
The Healthcare apps are proved to be a boon to the Doctors and the Medical staffs associated with the hospital. The healthcare apps help the doctors to get the latest updates on the patients' health.
Doctors and nurses can inspect the patient's condition remotely using HD cameras. Regular real-time communication between provider and patients also builds rapport between the two.
The benefits of mobile devices in healthcare reach beyond the doctor & patient relationship. It is also facilitates collaboration, consulting and sharing of knowledge globally. In a survey of medical schools, about 80 percent of medical students used mobile devices to talk to their fellow students.
Tips for a Successful Healthcare Mobile App Development
Medical Apps count among the faster growing mobile app development industries. There are a number of medical requirements of patients and they can be fulfilled by healthcare mobile apps.
Here are few pointers that should be in mind before developing healthcare mobile apps.
1. Identifying The Target Audience-
It is one of the most important factors involved in the healthcare app development process. Always understand who your audiences are and what their needs are. Undoubtedly, this process will let you determine the functionality of your mobile health app.
2. Identifying the reason to build a healthcare app
Many healthcare mobile apps are available in the app market but are rarely used by the users. As an app developer, you need to understand why this app is being developed and how it will be beneficial for the users. Analyze the reasons before initiation of a healthcare mobile app process to make the app successful.
3. Make It Personalized Enough
The app content should be specific not merely informative. Users can grab the other informative material on the app, so your app should deliver something different, which users/patients can relate to.
4. Healthcare Mobile App Development
Do you need a healthcare mobile app or have a healthcare mobile app idea? Our expert mobile app developers can create the iOS and Android healthcare app of your dream. From hospitals to medical professionals and service providers to the patient level, we build health and wellness, medical, fitness tracking, mHealth, wearable, and drug reference mobile apps for our clients. Our expert healthcare mobile app developers keep an eye on the latest and most advanced technologies to deliver futuristic solutions to the clients worldwide.