The latest (and the very best so far) release of
nnn is here! We've been working hard on the new features for the past 2 months and they are stable now.
For those who haven't come across
nnn, it's a tiny full-featured file manager optimized for performance on low-end devices as well as the desktop. It has an easily extensible plugin framework with 40+ useful plugins available at the time of writing. It runs smoothly on the Raspberry Pi, Termux on Android, Linux, macOS, BSD, Cygwin, WSL and works seamlessly with DEs and GUI utilities.
Some of the cool features available in v2.8 are:
- sessions support (start where you left
rcloneintegration (mount S3, box, dropbox and what not!)
- mount archives and view/modify without extracting
- run custom commands like plugins (short and sweet commands a key away!)
- copy, move as (edit filenames in editor before copy and move)
nnnwill now work with the most minimal
- keybind collision checker (for those who prefer custom keybinds)
- allow plugins to control the active directory of
- several new plugins
- better support for editing files in detached mode
- and lot more...
The size remains ~65KB still!