It’s another monthly burst of news about bors-ng, a merge queue for hunting down bugs before they are merged into master.
In the last month, we landed 12 PRs in the bors-ng repository.
“This Month in Bors” is written in public on GitHub. If you find a mistake, pull requests or issue reports are appreciated!
- notriddle added a command to cancel
- andrewlobos-argo added a configuration option for GitHub API call timeouts
- notriddle changed bors try to queue up builds instead of running them all at once
- notriddle fixed an infinite loop when retry is run multiple times in a row
Want to see your name in this newsletter? Contribute on our GitHub repository.
This month’s featured user is Daedalus of Freedom, an online role-playing game built on the BYOND (Build Your Own Net Dream) engine. Here’s their getting started guide for new players and here’s their source code.
But if you’re into bors, then you’re probably most interested in the test system. TheDaedalusCrew/Daedalus-of-Freedom has a couple of different codebases that they test in the same repo:
- The “code” directory is the “game world” definition, written in BYOND’s domain-specific language. They even have their own unit testing system!
- They also run a number of lints, found here, on their BYOND, HTML, and CSS code. Some of which is as simple as “this function is banned, so grep for it.”
Got any suggestions for next month?Post a comment on the February pull request.