- Eventual consistency: Eventually, all reads will return the last updated value
- Monotonic reads: A read will always return the same value or a more recent value than the previous read
- Monotonic writes: For a given process, any write is completed before any successive write operation
- Read-your-writes: Any write by a given process will be available to that same process for read operations
- Sequential consistency: Writes aren't necessarily seen instantaneously, but ordering of writes appears consistent across all processes
- Strict consistency: Every parallel process observes the same consistent state
Did you enjoy this blog post? Check us out on Twitter @nspiredTech for more tech content!