User experience is on everyone’s lips nowadays, and it’s not exactly a surprise. Today’s audiences and customers are savvier than ever when it comes to their activities online, as well as their purchases. Most customers prefer to opt for brands and companies which are able to provide them with a unique user experience every step of the way, which is why UX has become such a big deal in the last few years. For instance, by simply implementing some of the user suggestions, ESPN.com was able to boost its revenue by 35%!
UX incorporates lots of different areas and activities, and that includes design, readability, responsiveness, loading time, page speed, and so on. However, while those technical aspects are essential, it would be a mistake to focus on them alone, and neglect others, such as content. Content is arguably the most important element, because it is what engages the users and gets them to interact with your website or blog. With that in mind, here are four ways in which you can improve your website’s UX using content.
1. Put Together a Great Team of Writers
The quality of your content is the first thing that will grab your readers’ attention and direct them one step closer to a great user experience. The best thing you can do would be to look for writers within your own ranks, because nobody understands your company better than you and your staff. However, if your staff is spread too thin or if they don’t have a particular talent for writing, you might want to hire freelancers or get in touch with one of the following services:
- Assignmentgeek.com.au - here you will be able to hire expert writers which are capable of producing great content that is aligned with your company’s message and values.
- Bestessays.com - their writers are very well-versed when it comes to research, which can come in handy if you are trying to produce case studies and white papers.
- A-writer.com - they provide writing, proofreading, and editing services to make sure that you content is absolutely spotless, because it’s a reflection of your business.
- Essaywritingland.com - if you are looking for writers which can produce great content at an affordable price, you will need to check out this service
- Uk.bestessays.com - they especially excel at delivering great content on a tight deadline and providing a great customer service 24/7.
- Resumes Planet and Careers Booster - these two services are mainly focused on resume writing, but they can also help you with any related problem.
2. Make Sure There Is Enough White Space
Since the majority of users do their online searches using their mobile devices, having white space on your website is essential for providing a good user experience, because your content needs to be readable on a smaller screen. Therefore, it is important to do away with all the clutter and keep the most important elements of your content on the page, such as your article separated into smaller paragraphs and your call to action at the end. You can also use white space to accentuate the most important points of your content. Finally, there is also the subjective feel of room and openness that white space provides. On top of that, studies show that white space increases user attention by 20%.
3. Make Your Calls to Action More Appealing
Your call to action button acts like a direction for your audience, because it lets them know about what their next step should be. One of the things that can really make a difference when it comes to your CTA is the colour of the button itself. If done right, it can even improve your conversion rate. Colours can help you to get an emotional response from your audience, which is why you should take the time to look into colour psychology or hire a designer. Also, the text inside your CTA is crucial, because you only have room for a handful of words to tell the user what to do next. It would be a good idea to use active verbs, because they make your CTA more actionable and appealing.
4. Use Original Images
Since you are looking to provide a great experience for your audience, you should probably stay away from generic stock photography and opt for original images instead. Original images will make your company appear more trustworthy, plus they will enable you to provide the readers with a behind-the-scenes glimpse of your business, and you will come off as more genuine. The same goes for other types of media, such as original videos, animation, and infographics, which are really useful for delivering stats-heavy content in an easily digestible manner.
These four tips will not only enable you to provide a better UX for your target audience, but they will also help you experience some other benefits, such as higher conversion rate and lower bounce rate. Good luck!
Did you find this article helpful?