You might have noticed that the review for March is missing. This was mostly a result of the still ongoing pandemic. I started working from home mid-March and it took me a few weeks to adjust. The following is what I’ve worked on in March and April combined:
- Clippy: Improved output of
- Clippy: More usage of or patterns feature
- Clippy: Removal of
- Clippy: More usage of diagnostic items
- Clippy: Changelog for Rust 1.44
- Clippy: More code cleanups: one, two and three
- Tide/http-types: Added various byte conversion methods
I’ve also been trying to review more of the incoming pull requests which, at least for me, takes a lot of energy. Currently that’s around 15 minutes per day and one 1 hour timeslot per week for bigger PRs.
As mentioned above, I started working from home in March when the virus started to become an issue here. At the beginning I had a lot of trouble concentrating and getting a new daily routine in place. Things really only started getting better in April.
Towards the end of April I also decided to ditch touch typing with
dvorak(after using it for 6 years) and learn touch typing on
qwerty instead. This is currently slowing me down a lot:
It’s also incredibly frustrating because my brain slips back into
dvorak every time I’m not 100% focused. Once I’m faster, I want to write about this switch a bit more.
My primary goal for May is to reach 60+ WPM touch typing on
qwerty. Another thing I want to work on is adding indicators to Clippy’s lintdocumentation that highlight which lints can be automatically fixed using
cargo fix (#4310).