Start Coding worksheet
- What languages/frameworks are you considering learning? List them below:
I would like to learn Python!
- For each item listed above, consider the following:
- Economic factors: What are the economic pros and cons of learning this language or framework? Is there a demand for that skill in your area? Does learning this require any special tools or equipment you might have to pay for? How important are these economic factors to you?
- Learning curve: How much time should you expect to invest before getting comfortable with this language or framework? Is it beginner-friendly? Does it have a reputation of being hard to pick up? How important is the learning curve to you?
I have read that Python is easy to learn and beginner-friendly, that it is much more beginner-friendly than other languages like forexample C++. I do not know how fast I will learn Python, it is so different from HTML and C++, I expect it to be more challenging than HTML but easier than C++. I think 6 months should be sufficient.
- Community + support: Is there a good community of learners in your local area or online that can support you as you learn this language or framework? Do you know where they are and how you can connect with them? While community support makes learning easier, how important is it to your learning?
I am very independent but I got support online, on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
- Other: Are there other factors that are important to you that you want to consider when deciding what to learn? If so, jot them down.
Not any I can think of.
- Based on your research, what would you like to focus your learning on? You’re allowed to change your mind, but make sure you’ve put thought and research into your pick.
I’ve decided to learn Python!