A few tips to consider while establishing yourself as an Android developer
Rooney Reeves Jun 12
Mobile app development and quality assurance has grown in critical importance for companies and established itself as a formidable career choice. As a result, more and more developers are jumping on the mobile app development bandwagon with various point solutions and capabilities and this shows no sign of slowing down.
So do you wish to try your luck in the mobile arena too? Well, then there are certain important things that an Android app developer must be taken into consideration. That will increase your chances of success to a great extent. Today, the world of mobile apps seems to be incredibly competitive. Several companies have started moving their business applications to mobile platforms. And according to several reports, there are more than 2 million apps in Apple's App Store whereas Google's Play Store offers more than 2.2 million apps. Which means the average number of submissions per day for the App Store has hovered around 2,000 by far.
Certain essential aspects to be aware of while developing an app.
• Know the latest trends- This is very important step because that’s how you will know what users normally expect in terms of features that an ideal app should have today. With the continuous advancement in technology and knowing some of the winning ideas, you can easily contemplate all your options to come up with something like never before.
• Never underestimate in terms of design- First impression is the last impression. It is always advisable to create an app that impacts your end user right at the moment they first see it on Google Play. Like I said before, Google Play comprises of nearly 2.2 billion apps. Which means in order to stand out, you should make an effort to build a product as visually appealing as possible.
• Participate in communities- Communities are trending these days. They're built around the ideology that if you can build a community, establish trust, thought leadership and help them by providing value, you have a guaranteed customer base when the product is launched. So, whatever possible doubt you might have about Android App development, you can be sure someone has an answer for it.
• Listen to your users- Earning somebody’s trust and loyalty is not an easy task. But if you can do it effectively, it can make your user base grow to a great extent. Paying attention each and every time to what they have to say about your app, can offer you a golden opportunity to make some adjustments and offer a newly improved/ revised product. After all, users always appreciate when being heard.
• Believe in your idea- Irrespective of your profession, believing in your idea is the first step taken towards success. The app idea could be completely revolutionary or the simplest one with added value. After doing ample of research and determining several things that your app has to offer, proceed towards its development. Always think about what you are willing to invest, and don’t hesitate on your road to success.
• Be your own critic- In addition to believing yourself, be the first one to criticize your own work. Understand what compels someone to install your app? Solving a problem, making life easier of the end users and identifying a niche should be your main goal.
• Study your competition- App development takes place with a pure motto to obtain revenues in return. For that, it is very important to know about the apps that have been already released to the market. Learn from them: their unique features or business model. This could help you put a price on your app or think about the things you should work on.
• Test as often as you can- The general rule says, one should never release an app without any prior testing. Frequent tests for each phase of your development process are necessary to make tweaks, fix possible crashes or improve UX and UI.
• Don’t give up so easily- The most remarkable experiences aren’t created overnight. An Android app developer has to be persevere, learn from his or her own mistakes, get some feedback or even try new things to solve the same problem.
Achieving success as a new Android App developer is not easy, but it’s definitely doable!