Over the last weeks, I’ve started live streaming to Twitch (and to some other platforms). Even though it’s still quite amateuristic, I highly enjoy doing it. So far, we made:
- A Twitch Chatbot
- A random stream about tech culture
- A soundboard that I can use on my tablet to play sounds and gifs on stream. Also the viewers should be able to trigger the soundboard through the chat
- (In progress) a live IDE that mirrors a local folder / directory, so viewers can get live updates on whatever I’m programming, and inspect the code base while I make changes
Now the community is growing slowly but steadily, I’d like to know more about YOU. Since you are on Dev.to, you are (likely) a developer or someone who’s interested in development
So please let me know, why on earth would you watch a programming live stream?
Reasons that I came up with myself:
- To just “hangout” with a developer and other people in the chat
- To learn programming. YouTube videos are so edited, that it’s hard to follow along.
- To get a realistic view of what software development is like
- To improve and expand programming knowledge
- To get into the creative (programming) mindset and perhaps get ideas for projects
Let me know what you think!