Weekly Goals (5 Part Series)
Happy Monday and welcome to another weekly roundup! This is my weekly thread on what I did or didn't do last week, what happened, and what my goals are for this new week. Let's get started!
- Finish portfolio site redesign
- Write blog about portfolio site redesign ☑
- Video call with mentor ☑
- Continue working on Wes Bos' JS 30 ☑
- Get started on new project
I had less time than I anticipated to complete my portfolio redesign this weekend. I still have to complete the following items:
- Add dark theme toggle to website
- I've already designed the dark theme, added the CSS Variables, and created the classes necessary. I just need to implement the JS.
- Increase whitespace between items on page.
- Ensure all padding/margins are consistent
Firstly, because I did not complete my website, I wasn't able to get started on my new projects. I don't think this will affect me in the long run but it would've been nice to wrap up a project at the end of the week.
Secondly, I had a slight change in the design of my site - just the colors and profile picture. I had debated for a while to stick with the profile picture or not but in the end I decided to create and use my logo. In using the logo I had to change the header colors.
- Add JS to portfolio site for Dark Theme
- Increase the white space between elements by increasing margin & padding
- Ensure padding/margins are consistent throughout site.
- Do more work on resume
- Design rough draft(s) of new project(s) will look like
- I have not decided what to work on first but I've a few options: doMore (to-do list), a website for my favorite local brewery, DUBCO, or a website for my father's business.
- Continue learning JS and React
Another full week is on tap here but that's okay! I do feel like I need a day off, however, I might push through until Classic WoW releases next week - is anyone planning on playing? I'll be on the Stalagg server!
As usual, feel free to comment down below or you can always reach out to me on Twitter.