As developers, we need to be aware of what security features are available in Salesforce and how we can keep the organization safe and secure. Today, Doug Merrett, Manager of Security and Compliance Advisors for Salesforce in Australia, joins me to talk about org security. Together we explore the importance of keeping your data safe, how to keep it safe, and why you should be doing your own backups in addition to Salesforce daily exports.
- Some of the things you should be considering regarding field-level security, including maintaining a level of confidentiality for users within your company or organization.
- What to do if somebody has stolen your org credentials and gets in the “front door.”
- Using IP restrictions and two-factor authentication as layers of org security.
- How two-factor authentication and the Salesforce authenticator application work.
- What you should consider when it comes to securing an auth loop within a connected app.
- Some day-to-day procedures you can do to make sure your data is going to be safe.
- Event monitoring and how it materially increases the security of your Salesforce org.
Doug on LinkedIn
Developer Security Portal
Trailhead Security Basics
Trailhead Data Security
Customer Data Best Practices
Salesforce Trust Security Resources
Episode 17: Spring ’20 Apex with Chris Peterson
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com