072: Data Development and Integrations with Katie Kodes
Katie Kodes is a Data Developer and the author of the Katie Kodes blog. Today, I’m sitting down with her to talk about APIs, integrations, and dealing with data.
After being introduced to the world of database design at a young age, Katie shifted gears and studied French in college. However, she eventually found her way back to the tech industry. Tune in to learn more from Katie about automation, data modeling, and more.
- How Katie’s fast typing abilities led her to enter the world of technology.
- Her journey from data entry to Salesforce.
- Why she got interested in automation.
- What admins really do.
- The benefits admins get by using Apex.
- Similarities between Apex and Flow.
- Why you should run Flow tests.
- How Katie does data modeling.
- A simple description of API.
- What a schema is and how you create it.
- Why you should always get lots of people involved in the projects you take on.
- Why she posts her blogs in English and French.
- Katie on Twitter: https://twitter.com/katiekodes
- Katie on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/katiekodes
- Katie on GitHub: https://github.com/kkgthb
- Katie on Trailblazer: https://trailblazer.me/id/katiekodes
- Katie’s website: https://katiekodes.com/
Some of Katie's articles:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more athttps://emeraldcitypro.com