This week, I...
figured out a lingering problem with my flagship, get me hired app. I really struggled understanding the library and the library authors React component example. Ive wrestled with this for two years now.
The other day I was looking for the issue I raised; no music, just me and the code and...well...it all began to make sense. I thought I'd need some sort of state management when really, all I had to do was pass a function as a prop to another component.
I also figured out, without much help, how to implement search on my blog. Yes, I used a pre-made component but I struggled with gatsby-plugin-algolia and getting the hits on my blog to index, as well as figuring out an undefined slug and 404 page when I would search in a test, click the article, and it wouldn't work.
It took me at least 10 hours over a period of two days to figure out my bug and hack some stuff together. Once I figured it out I was...ecstatic.
Two wins in one week. I'll take it.
We're a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.