As promised, this is the very first post of the series where we I will give you updates about the progress of the startup creation on a daily basis.
See announcement here: https://dev.to/victorhazbun/yet-another-startup-5ah0
Yes.. that works.
- Restaurant managers give us the physical menu so we can make it digital for them
- Restaurant diners scan QR code with their cell phones to access the menu app
- Diners can add dishes to the order in the menu app
- When diners finishes selecting dishes, they can click "Order Now" from the menu app
- The "Order Now" function triggers the "WhatsApp click to chat" feature
- The chat contains the orders details, including the restaurant table uniq identifier and the restaurant uniq identifier
This is just a prototype so we can have a starting point, off course the MVP was designed from feedback made by real/potential customers. Our purpose: Serving orders efficiently.
However, the original design could change during the development phase based on multiple customers needs, at the end it can be a completely different product, because the truth is: The course of a product is determined by customers.
- Research about how to make QR codes with Ruby, it can be done with https://github.com/whomwah/rqrcode
- Research about how to use "Whatsapp click to chat" feature, it can be done with https://faq.whatsapp.com/en/26000030/
- Talk with potential customer about the MVP and receiving their feedback
- Customer "Ceron" says they don't think they will use it because they are small business so it won't make too much sense to use an app for a 5 table restaurant
- I could have convinced customer "Ceron" that even for small restaurants it will improve their performance, I could have spoken about: A) How fast an order will be placed - B) There will be precise orders - C) Diners will make orders much faster - D) Diners can be notified about his order in real time
- Customer "Ceron" said we can test our MVP in one of their associated business, which is bigger (around 25 tables)
- Customer "Ceron" wants to help us by making ourselves known on bigger places, like malls
- I estimate the MVP can be completed in around 3 to 4 weeks, even though I planned an original estimate of 2 months and the reason is because I won't need to code as much as I originally planned