Fix Windows Error Code 2203: ** If you are trying to install the administrative patch of Microsoft Office 2000 Service Release 1a (SR-1a), you may see this **error code 2203. Further, you may experience this error while upgrading a cloned Outlook 2000 install point to Outlook 2000 SR-1a.
You may also receive this error message “An internal error has occurred. Contact Microsoft Product Support Services” ** while installing the upgrade to an Office 2000 administration point. The error will prevent the installation process and so you can’t able to install it anymore. You can **Fix Error Code 2203 on Windows easily so let’s see the simple solutions below.
If the Data1.msi file is set to ‘read-only’, then you may experience this error code. You have to ensure that the admin install point of Outlook 2000 is unavailable in order to fix the problem.
- You have to log on to the system with the use of your admin login credentials for Outlook 2000 with full control permissions.
- After that, you have to view the admin installation folder of Outlook 2000 in Windows Explorer and choose the Data1.msi file.
- Then, you have to choose the File menu and then navigate to Properties.
- Now, you have to click the General tab and deselect the checkbox of ‘Read-only’.
- Click the Security tab and make sure that Full Control permissions are provided to the admin account as it is vital to run the upgrade.
- At last, click the OK button and execute your command.
- In another way, you have to right-click on the Installs directory and click Sharing and include SYSTEM to the list of permissions so you can install the upgrade without facing any issues.
We hope that this article on how to Fix Error Code 2203 on Windows was useful and feasible. You just follow the above steps carefully to fix the error on your system. Feel free to leave your valuable comments about this article. Thanks for visiting Windows Jet.