Fix Windows Error Code 80004005: ** When you try to open the Windows XP PC or while installing Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive this **error code 80004005. **It comes with a message ‘A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer’. **The error indicates that there is a damaged file in your system that is essential for activating Windows products.
If the file has been changed manually, missing, or corrupt, then you may experience this issue. The error may also occur due to a third party backup system. We are here to explain the quick instructions to Fix Windows Error Code 80004005. So, you can follow the steps and resolve the error on your system.
- Damaged or corrupted PC file
- Third-party backup system
- Anti-virus or malware program
The solution to this error may vary as per your need whether you want to install Windows XP or you want to upgrade to Windows XP.
- You have to boot up your system from the Windows XP CD and carry out an in-place upgrade that will fix this issue while you are doing a clean installation or performing an upgrade.
- Further, you have to alter the boot order in BIOS so the inserted CD will boot prior to your hard drive.
- You have to check the system information of your PC if required.
- If you receive a Welcome to Setup window, you have to press the Enter key to accept the Licensing Agreement.
- You will be asked to choose the installation after the end of the current installation search.
- Once you have selected the installation, you have to press R to start the repair procedure.
- Now, the Windows setup will begin to copy the necessary files to your hard drive.
- After that, you have to reboot your system and then continue to perform an upgrade or clean installation.
In this post, we have illustrated simple guidelines to Fix Windows Error Code 80004005. You just follow the instructions carefully to get rid of this error on your system. Your comments are highly welcomed to enhance our write-up. Thanks for visiting Windows Jet.