Assume that you have a list of names, and you need to group them based on the given size. How could you deal with this task in Excel? In this article, I introduce some formulas to create the running count group by N size in Excel. Let’s step them below!! Get an official version of ** MS Excel** from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel
- Use the below formula to group the values based on the given criteria.
- CEILING ** – In Excel, the **CEILING function rounds a given number to the nearest specified multiple.
- COUNTA ** – This function is used to counts the number of cells that are non-empty and returns the output in numbers. Read more on the **COUNTA function.
- Expanding_Range – It represents the input range.
- *Size * – It is the criteria value.
- Comma symbol (,) – It is a separator that helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
Refer to the below example image. Here we will show how to create the running count group.
- First, we will enter the input names in Column B , and the size of the group is given in Column D.
- Then, apply the above-given formula to the formula bar section and press the “Enter” key.
- Finally, it will display the result in the selected cell.
Hope you like this article on how to create the b. If you have any doubts/suggestions, don’t forget to share them with us. We will assist you. Thank you!! To learn more, check out Geek Excel *and Excel Formulas *!!