Always wanted to create a face tracking app but didn't know how? Here's a step-by-step guide to quickly create a simple AR app for face tracking with Unity, AR Foundation, and echoAR! The full demo can also be found on echoAR's GitHub.
Don’t have an API key? Make sure to register for FREE at echoAR.
- Create a new Unity project.
- Clone the Unity-ARFoundation-echoAR sample code.
- Open the sample scene under AR Foundation\Scenes\FaceTracking\FacePost.unity.
- Set the API key in the echoAR.cs script inside the echoAR\echoAR.prefab using the the Inspector.
- Add the 3D model from the models folder to the console.
- Add the metadata listed in the metadata.csv file.
- Overwrite the existing echoAR/RemoteTransformations.cs script with the new RemoteTransformations.cs file.
- Build and run the AR application. Verify that the AR Foundation\Scenes\FaceTracking\FacePose scene is ticked in the Scenes in Build list and click Build And Run.
- You can use the demo available here.
Refer to our documentation to learn more about how to use Unity and echoAR.
echoAR (http://www.echoAR.xyz; Techstars ’19) is a cloud platform for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) that provides tools and server-side infrastructure to help developers & companies quickly build and deploy AR/VR apps and experiences.