Most of the app development clients ask why to opt for Flutter for their mobile application development. And we would say, “Why not Flutter!”. Well, it is excellent in every way possible and superior to any other Framework.
Before defining how Flutter is superior, it is important to know what it is?
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a free and open-source mobile User Interface framework, created by Google and released in May 2017.
The goal of Flutter was to create a native mobile application with only a single codebase. This implies that you can utilize only one programming dialect and one codebase to create two different applications for Android and iOS platforms.
And this is why Flutter has already established its position in the market.
Reasons to Choose Flutter App Development
Flutter has some clear reasons over other frameworks. It has the capability to address common shortcomings and issues that are faced during development with other technologies.
Here are a few reasons to choose Flutter for App Development:
1. Dart Language
Dart Language is designed from the ground-level, which is ideal for developing client applications and is tuned up and optimized for developing UI.
There are no competing standards, no grafting-in what should be standard features, and no strange language oddities. It has a clean powerful syntax that encourages strong architecture and designing.
Along with this, it has ease of maintenance, standardization, unification, and longevity that most of the cross-development platforms do not have.
Flutter works on native binaries, graphics, and rendering engines built on C/C++ that helps create extremely fast and good performing applications.
The applications can achieve 60fps on most devices, and 120fps on those devices which support it. There is a huge performance factor that makes Flutter worth opting for.
Flutter has clear advantages over the competition because it helps build truly native apps that are hard to beat in terms of performance and smooth rendering.
Related Read-Flutter vs React in 2020: We Help You Decide What’s Best!
3. A Superior Framework
Flutter is an excellent framework. It is designed on a great language – Dart and also has a fast-high-performance rendering engine – Skia.
The language encourages developers of all skill levels to develop applications that make use of good design patterns and best practices, rather than simply getting hit by standards conflicts or built-in technical debt resulting from poor language practices.
4. Compliance With UI Standards
Flutter completely complies with the structure benchmarks; it ensures that every design segment of the app works according to the standards.
According to the designing standards, every component of the app should be modern and there should be finished fittingness of the design across all the devices of all the screen sizes. And this Flutter always abides by.
5. Native Features and SDKs
Flutter offers easy local codes, third-party incorporations, and platform APIs, which make your development lifecycle magnificent. With Flutter, you can easily access the local highlights and SDKs on both of the platforms and reuse the broadly utilized programming dialects for IOS and Android.
With two platforms using the same code, it becomes simpler for the testing process. Since there is only one code to test it becomes faster and less tedious. This is possible because developers only have to write automatic tests once because there is only one codebase. The time to market is going down automatically as testing gets faster.
Top Features of Flutter:
1. Cross-platform: Cross-platform compatibility for developing mobile apps and a reduction in cost and time to market is a major advantage of Flutter.
2. Single Code: Flutter reduces the time of mobile app developers as modification time is reduced as a single code can be used as an operating system.
3. Library: The development process gets reduced as Flutter already has a library of widgets and customizable app interfaces for developers.
4. GPU UI: Flutter has a great GPU UI which is very important for apps rich in graphic design, CPU is not always capable of handling the load of graphics.
5. Hot Reload: Developers make changes to apps and reload them and end up themselves on the initial route but Flutter allows hot reloading which only reloads that part which has been modified thus developers stay on the page that they were on before reloading.
6. Web View: In order to have an idea of how the app will look on a website or web app Flutter has a feature of a web view component.
7. App Localization: Mobile app localization means is making the mobile app adaptable to a specific geographic location. To expand the user base, it is important to localize the application, and Flutter’s SDK allows seamless localization of apps.
8. Flutter Doctor: With Flutter Doctor, it is possible to get a detailed report of the installation status of your application. At this stage, any installation errors can be rectified easily.
Additional advantages of Flutter
- Flutter is an open-source SDK.
- Incredible animation features.
- It uses the same programming language for both front-end and back-end.
- Highly scalable and extremely flexible.
- Flutter is a good-to-go option to build an MVP (Maximum Viable Product).
Different Types of Applications that Flutter has helped in building
1. Web Apps
Flutter community’s project ‘Hummingbird’ aims at allowing the developers to leverage Flutter SDK for Web application development.
2. Desktop Apps
The Flutter community is leveraging Flutter SDK for the development of desktop apps. This will enable mobile app development for Windows, macOS, Linux, etc., using Flutter SDK.
Flutter SDK can be integrated with the IoT (Internet of Things) components as well.
Even though Flutter is new in the market but it has gained quite a limelight after Google announced its availability – Flutter 1.7 in May 2019.
Flutter has superlative qualities when it is compared with other cross-platform frameworks, but some aspects of it are still lagging behind.
But the continuous efforts of the community have polished the framework to such heights that it is being considered the most stable framework of mobile app development.
So, Flutter is a great way to build beautiful, high-performance and outstanding mobile applications that can easily fit customer needs and requirements. It is an optimum choice especially if you want an app both for iOS and Android.
This blog is originally published at Signity Solutions
Top comments (0)