Tracking plans can't live in isolation. Once a tracking plan has been defined in Avo it needs to be utilized in multiple places, not only to generate type safe tracking code, but also to...
- feed the rich context of the tracking plan (think event descriptions, property types etc) into analytics platforms Example: I want to see the Avo description when hovering over an event in Amplitude
- update ingestion time validation tooling that blocks things that are not defined in the tracking plan from entering our datastore
- build or update SQL tables based on the latest tracking plan, to receive and store the data
Basically, the limit does not exist. 🚀
We’re excited to announce the following Publishing destinations are now available in Avo:
- Segment Protocols: You can push the Avo tracking plan to Segment Protocols with a click of a button in the Avo dashboard.
- Amplitude Govern: API pending update from Amplitude, coming soon! You'll be able to push your Avo tracking plan with a click of a button in the Avo dashboard.
- Mixpanel Lexicon: You can push the Avo tracking plan to Mixpanel Lexicon with a click of a button in the Avo dashboard.
- Webhooks: To access your tracking plan data in thousands of other platforms, or in your own in-house tools, use Avo Webhooks. It’s as easy as adding a URL.
The feature we’re most excited about, however, is auto-publishing to all of these destinations. You can now configure these integrations so that each time a new branch is merged, your new and updated tracking plan is automatically sent to your downstream tools of choice! We’re taking the guesswork out of event metadata.
With auto-publishing, you can rest assured that every team member has the insights needed for analysis and activation, right where they need them.
This helps you seamlessly create a single source of data truth and foster better collaboration across teams in your product organization. If you need help along the way, know Avo is ready to partner with you on your journey to good analytics governance.