Rules of state
- Do not confuse props with state
- ‘State’ is a JS object
- Only usable with class based components
- State has to be initialized when a component is created
- Never update state directly.
- State can only be updated with setState.
- Updating State causes the component to re-render.
State object is defined inside the constructor function.
Use states (this.state) to manage dynamic data.
The base class of React.Component has its own constructor and by defining a new constructor, it gets overridden. But to make sure that the “parent” constructor gets called we use super(props). Super with props is a reference to the parent constructor inside React.Component function.