Depending on your project size and platform, it can be challenging to update all your assets smoothly! [echo3D](http://www.echo3d.co\) has made it easy to do this by simply using an API key. Assets are stored on the [echo3D](http://www.echo3d.co\) cloud and called at runtime so your experience runs smoothly and faster, every time and everywhere.
In this tutorial, you will modify an existing Unity project to utilize echo3D. The music making icons will be swapped out in echo3D.
Click this link https://go.echo3d.co/4vFU or scan this QR code to see something musical 🎸.
Don’t have an echo3D account? Register for FREE at echo3D.
- Clone this repo, see the full README here
- Import the Unity SDK
- Add the assets to the echo3D console from the Unity ‘Models’ folder
- Uncheck the Security box in your console
- In Unity, open MusicScene
- Drag the echo3D script onto the Drum, Piano and Guitar
- Add the API key and entry ID for each object in the Inspector
- In the Hierarchy, uncheck the box for the Sprite Renderer for Drum, Piano and Guitar
- Press Play in Unity to see where the 3 assets show up in the scene so you can modify the metadata in the console
- Adjust the metadata in the echo3D console as follows so the assets appear within the colliders: Drum: scale: .1/ xAngle: 90/ zAngle: 180 Piano: scale: .1/ xAngle: 90/ zAngle: 180/ x: -7/ z: .4 Guitar: scale: .1/ xAngle: 90/ zAngle: 180/ x: -14/ z: .4
- Press Play in Unity and click on each instrument to play and stop music while the assets stream from the echo3D cloud 🎉.
Refer to our documentation to learn more about how to use Unity and echo3D.
- Guitar audio
- Drum audio
- Piano audio
- Frame graphic
- Instruments — macrovector / freepik
- ‘Squealer’ rock and roll font
For more easy tutorials, check these out:
- Build a 3D Balloon Pop game in Unity
- Get a Quarantine Dog in AR
- How to Create 3D Content and See It In AR
echo3D (www.echo3D.co; Techstars 19’) is a cloud platform for 3D/AR/VR that provides tools and network infrastructure to help developers & companies quickly build and deploy 3D apps, games, and content.