Photo by Billy Huynh on Unsplash
This is the start of a blog post series about creating Gatsby site with content pulled in from a WordPress site.
By the end of this series you’ll have learnt:
- How to create a new Gatsby site
- How to configure the WordPress plugin to connect to a WordPress.com blog
- How to adapt the starter site to use the newly created WordPress Posts and Pages nodes
- Automatically publish to Netlify via GitHub
- Finally set up the WordPress.com blog to notify Netlify when a new post has been published to trigger a new build of the Gatsby site
Things you’ll need to follow along:
We’ll also assume you understand Git basics, Node (and friends) and are comfortable with the command line.
If you get stuck you can always check out my reference site on GitHub. At the end of a section, I’ll stick in the commit hash that closely matches the changes we made.
To go to the next part of the series, click on the grey dot below which is next to the current marker (the black dot).