You might be confused about which technology you should use while planning for developing software. So, this article will help you in giving a solution to your question and will lead you toward comparing the two popular technologies - Ruby and .NET.
Ruby is an open source language. You can easily create the component in Ruby and can interact with other products and services. The version of Ruby is magical where you can import the libraries and can study the various methods. In Ruby, there is more than one method to do the same task. Ruby is a very dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language. There are many companies that use Ruby; such as - Hulu, ZenDesk, Basecamp, Shopify, Urban Dictionary, GitHub and also Twitter.
When you are in the community with Ruby, you’ll find open and exciting resources. Rails is the framework of Ruby. It is strongly opinionated with favoring convention. The conventions of the Rails allow managing and building the web applications. Ruby has a capability of fast prototyping and is very popular with start-ups. When we are comparing the languages like Python, PHP, and Java, Rails works best with them and has a higher growth percentage.
- Ruby is light-weight and focused on Command Line.
- It has Rails community which supports a vibrant and active developer.
- Ruby is a pure programming language and has a RubyGems repository.
- It is an open source framework and works on multiple platforms
- It can be embedded into HTML and uses a very high-level language (VHLL)
- Ruby offers data methods within objects along with offered encapsulation
- It is pure OOP based and comes with super advanced string and text manipulation techniques.
- It connects with DB2, MySQL, Oracle, and Sybase.
- Comes with better security features and also has a debugger
- Offers a flexible syntax, advanced array class, and multi-threaded applications
- Lack of informational resources and learning is quite difficult
- The CPU processing time is prolonged compared with other programming languages.
- Update and development process is slow and steady.
.NET is also an open source and web application framework that is mainly designed for the development of the web. It produces the dynamic web pages which were developed by Microsoft programmers to build CLR. ASP.NET comes with various advantages as the ASP.NET SOAP Extension framework allows multiple components to process on these messages of SOAP.
- .NET reduces the amount of code drastically for building large applications.
- You can configure built-in Windows applications that are safe and secure
- It performs better with just-in-time compilation, native optimization and caching services.
- .NET has the capability to perform better tasks with taking advantage of binding, form the simple submission with client authentication.
- .NET pages are easy to write and maintain as they can build source code and HTML together. It comes with a lot of power and flexibility to create web pages.
- .NET is purely server-based technology and can execute on the server side before it is sent to the browser.
- There is no need in .NET to register the components as .net comes with easy deployment.
- It can also work with ADO.NET with using the data binding and page formatting features.
- .NET helps in running the application faster and counters the large volumes of users without the performance problems.
- Community support is declining
- .Net is dominated towards microsoft, where as there is wide varity of open source opportunities.
We know that choosing a web framework is quite a tough job as they come with the beauty of language, performance, hosting cost and much more. So deciding the one which is best for you is entirely your choice.