By now you’ve probably seen or experienced several types and formats of events on Gitcoin – from multiple sponsor events to public health hackathons, cross-chain challenges, and virtual blockchain weeks.
This time, we’re helping co-launch the Cartesi DApp Incubation Program. TL;DR, build your DApp with Cartesi using Linux and they will distribute $80k+ in prizes to the best 3 DApps. 🎉
What is Cartesi?
Cartesi is the only infrastructure that allows developers to use Linux and mainstream software stacks to build powerful DApps. Cartesi allows decentralized applications to run within a Linux environment. Complex processing can be executed off-chain, free from a blockchain’s computational limits and corresponding fees. Find more info on the Cartesi website.
How the program works
There will be 3 phases of the Incubation Program.
- Submit your application between September 21 – October 12, 2020
- You may request a budget (up to 20K USD)
- Set your own development milestones along with delivery deadlines
- With the timely achievement of each milestone, a portion of the total amount you requested will get unlocked and paid out to your team
- Three teams will then be selected to receive their budget and will go on to the incubation phase
- Join the workshops Cartesi has planned to understand more about how you can use Linux to build your DApp
- Three winning teams will build their proposed projects over the next 3.5 months
- There will be periodic check-ins with the Cartesi team and Mentors
- Payments will be sent out incrementally as predetermined milestones are reached
- Teams submit their final DApps by February 1, 2021
- Between February 8-19, an additional award will be determined by a Quadratic Funding Gitcoin Grants round exclusively for the three Cartesi projects
- Cartesi will invest an additional 20K in a matching pool (plus any extra amount raised by the community)
- February 26, 2021, announcement of the additional funds the teams will receive
There is a lot more info you can find on the onboarding page (Ideas, FAQs, Timelines, Judges, etc). If you have any questions make sure to join the Cartesi Discord to connect with the community and get in touch with the team. Good luck!