The disadvantage for free user is that the application sleeps ever 30 minutes. However, it’s good enough for us to learn or build the prototype.
I usually deploy applications on Heroku when I learn languages for building server like Flask or Django.
Please refer to my article. The article is the note for deploying Django application with PostgreSQL. It includes following topics.
- Create a PostgreSQL instance on Heroku
- Create Procfile in the application
- Modify settings.py in the application
- Migrate the database from Heroku cli
- Seed data to the remote database from Heroku cli
- Create a administrator for Django admin from Heroku cli
There are some of my articles. Feel free to check if you like!