Automated or manual testing. How to find the right balance?
We bet this is the question for which many of you would like to get a clear answer. The right balance between automated and manual testing is also one of the main challenges a team faces at different stages of the SDLC.
So, when is it better to use automated testing?
- For regression testing, when the repeated execution of the task is required.
- For functional testing during swift and frequent code changes.
- For performance testing to simulate a huge number of concurrent users.
- For load testing to evaluate the load efficiency.
- For stable features or product builds.
It's better to apply manual testing if you want to:
- Check the usability and evaluate how user-friendly and convenient the solution is.
- Run ad-hoc testing without a scenario and study the application as an ordinary user.
- Perform exploratory testing relying on the tester’s experience and intuition.
- Start short-term projects.
- Gain full control and flexibility of how to execute single tests.
Looking for manual or automated testing services? Tap https://ok-qa.com/