As someone who uses Dev.to as a headless CMS, I feel a lot of personal pain points with the very simple default editor we get in Dev.to. I figured I would try a personal project with all new tech that I know some things about but haven't built anything serious with:
And done in TypeScript because that's how I roll.
Here is my first livestream of that! Had a slow start but got a lot done in 90 minutes.
- Day 1 - Setup Next.js and Tailwind UI, list posts through API routes - 90 mins
- Day 2 - setting up a Markdown Editor with Next.js, Tailwind UI, Highlight.js, React Hook Form, and React Query - 3 hours
- Quick Fix - How To Add Monaco Editor to a Next.js app - 18 mins
- Day 3 - Refactoring to Edit Existing Posts - 3 hours
- Day 4 - Polish Day! Implementing Notifications, Markdown preview, and programmatic Redirects, and Using Web Components in Next.js - 3 hours
- Instant GraphQL with OneGraph - Screenshares in Public with Sean Grove - refactoring handrolled Dev.to API access with OneGraph and GraphQL
- How and Why to Un-Reset Tailwind's CSS Reset