I feel like last week and weekend was a bit of a whirlwind, however, I keep stressing that real life happens. That being said, I still feel great with what I got done.
It was stressful at times but I am happy that I was able to achieve some new stuff this week. Let's have a look at what I got done!
- Finish doMore
- Continue learning Figma ☑
- Create a new resume ☑
- Go over creating a mobile menu with my mentor ☑
- Implement a hamburger menu on my website ☑
- Attend my first meetup ☑
- Continue doing 1 part of the JS 30 Challenge each day ☑
- Write 2 blogs - Monday and Wednesday releases ☑
According to my list I only missed one item which we'll talk about in a moment. I am implementing the mobile menu into my site redesigns which we talk about after doMore.
doMore is my little to-do list project and I'll be returning to in the next week or so, however, I didn't feel good with how I was approaching it so I scrapped it for now. I want to tackle it in a more efficient manner so it will be coming back sooner rather than later, but in a better fashion.
So what I did instead, that I'm very happy with was creating ezToggle!
The project is up on my GitHub if you wish to view or use it :)
I've quite a few things I'd like to do/work on this week including new portfolio site designs! I only started working on these on Saturday night but here's the (unfinished) homepage of one of the designs.
In the above version I want to display each section in 100vh - it's presenting some challenges but I'm sure I'll get it down. Whatever my next design is, I want it to just be clean and minimal (in my own sense). I currently have 3 designs I've roughly sketched out.
- 3 Blog Posts
- One of which being my first technical blog
- Meeting with my mentor
- Continue working on JS 30
- Portfolio Redesign
- Anything I create I want to be clean, semantic, and meaningful - No extra fluff
- Include some JS but don't rely on it
- Continue working through my Treehouse Track
- Bonus: Start my React course on Udemy
Another busy week but I don't see myself winding down until I get my first Web Development job. It is definitely exhausting but I am genuinely enjoying the process.
That being said, days or nights off are a good thing. I've been trying to read more which means forcing myself off the computer a little earlier than usual but in the end it's something I want to do and a goal outside of coding I have.
As usual, feel free to comment down below or you can always reach out to me on Twitter.