What does it mean to commit responsibly?
Vicky Lai Jun 30
I'm working on a list of what it means to "commit responsibly." What would you change/add to this?
- Using meaningful variables
- Not committing bugs or broken builds
- Not leaving in dead code or print statements
- Formatting code to style specifications
- Using descriptive commit messages
- Only committing code related to the change described in the message (one change per commit)
- Providing documentation where necessary
- Providing tests where necessary