How Do You Conduct A Mock Interview?
Aaroh Mankad Feb 9
I've recently been conducting several mock interviews for my friends in college, and I want your tips/experience at conducting mocks.
Typically, my flow works something like:
- Let them book a time on my Meetingbird Calendar
- Depending on the request, set location as whiteboard room, my phone number, or a coderpad link.
- I try to do research on the specific company and position they're applying for, to try to compile some questions that they could expect.
- During most mocks, I conduct the interview as if it were real, and coach them after we've been going back and forth for some time. This could be things they did really well, things they could have done better, etc.
- If they're up for it, I also critique their resumes and do a quick question/answer about the content.
- Always make a reminder to wish them good luck on the day of their interview!
Is there anything else I should be doing, or do you have tips on conducting a mock interview? I'd love to hear them!