When it comes to ordinary email sending and receiving, working in offline Outlook mode is straightforward. However, there are many times when the Outlook mailbox does not work and user cannot access their emails. Consider a situation when you are on a flight and there is no network access. You will lose access to all of the data on the server at this time. It is at this point that OST files are created. OST files are Outlook files that run in offline mode but are still linked to the Exchange Server. On the other hand, OST files are vulnerable to corruption if there is an issue with data synchronization.
Analyze OST Files and Repair Damaged Data
When dealing with OST files, users may see various error messages. These error messages indicate that the OST file is corrupted. Another sign is when Outlook takes longer than usual to open itself or the emails. All of these difficulties lead to faulty OST files. The error warnings are displayed here so that the user may analyze their OST files.
- This error message displays when an OST file fails to synchronize with Exchange Server correctly. This error message serves as a warning to users that the Outlook OST has been corrupted.
- When the Exchange server is not fully functioning, this error message displays. The user must ensure that they do not receive this error frequently since it corrupts the OST files. If this happens frequently, fix the issue in OST as soon as feasible.
- When the Outlook OST mailbox files fail to synchronize with the Exchange Server, this error occurs. It indicates that the OST has already been corrupted, preventing it from being synced with the server.
Manual Methods to Recover Corrupted Outlook Data File
As previously stated, the appearance of these errors indicates that users must restore damaged OST files. As a result, various ways have been created to assist users in repairing Outlook files, which are detailed below.
Scanost.exe Utility for OST File Analysis
This built-in Microsoft software allows users to scan, rectify, and analyze OST file problems. This utility analyses the whole file, identifies problems, fixes them, and then fixes the OST files of all corruption. The steps for recovering OST data with this software are shown below.
- Exit the Microsoft Outlook program and launch the Scanost.exe program.
- Set up a profile in accordance with your Outlook preferences, then click the Connect button.
- Choose the appropriate settings and then click the Begin Scan button.
After the files have been entirely examined, this will repair OST files.
Limitations Of Manual Methods
Although the above-mentioned built-in software is useful, it does not ensure total OST file recovery. It can also occasionally remove faulty data to produce healthy data. As a result, the user must exercise caution when executing the recovery procedure with this tool. Furthermore, the Scanost.exe tool is no longer supported by Microsoft Outlook versions 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Professional OST Recovery Software
As previously stated, the mentioned above is not completely reliable for restoring damaged files due to various restrictions. As a result, we have offered a full solution to resolve OST corruption issues by using OST Recovery software. In contrast to the manual technique, this recovery application is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook.
It is recommended to utilize third-party software to repair .ost files for a thorough examination and recovery of Outlook OST files since it can recover even corrupted and destroyed OST files. When compared to manual methods, this software saves time and ensures complete data recovery. As a result, all effective techniques for How To Analyze OST File and Recover Corrupted Offline Mailbox Data From Outlook have been compiled in this post.