Welcome to the first edition of code trends. I’m going to give you the rundown on the most popular repos this week to keep you sharp, so you can pretend to understand what that new hire is talking about. Or maybe it’ll spark your next big idea. Let’s get to it.
State of Machine Learning. 🤗 Huggingface is still crushing it with their NLP models and open source code. If this name is new to you, I urge you take a look. They have a ton of great off the shelf models.
WebRTC on the rise. Looking to build a video conferencing solution but ffmpeg and gstreamer make you want to run? MediaSoup is a newcomer on the trending list helping you build the video conferencing solution of your dreams.
Department of Getting More Smart And More Better
- Torture yourself with these algorithms in C++ and these ones in C and these ones in Python. As long as employers keep pretending this matters, it will always be popular to have a repo of well documented algos.
- 🤷♀️ Lots of people want to learn Go.
- Rust is awesome
- Spin up your own GraphQL IDE.
- Another IOT big data platform blah blah blah
- There’s still room in e-commerce.
- Do you spend a lot of time drawing engineering plans? First, I’m sorry, second, maybe this will help.
If you have any suggestions or haterade, yell at me on twitter (https://twitter.com/AndrewPierno).
[I'm running a content experiment. For the next 10 weeks I'm going to do a once a week newsletter on trending open source software. If you find this valuable I'd love a subscribe. If I don't get to 100 people in the next 10 weeks, I'll kill the experiment.]