I am realizing that I'm probably outgrowing my current Heroku setup for a lot of my personal projects. I would like to find another place to host my projects. I am pretty happy hosting my static sites on Github pages, but could be convinced to move those over as well!
- Ability to deploy multiple languages. Right now I have apps in Express (Node), Django (Python), Rails (Express), and Gorilla Mux (Go). I would like somewhere where it is relatively easy to deploy all of these! I use Postgres 99% of the time, but I have one app using Mongo right now (hosted on MLab).
- I would love to have the ability to run TMUX sessions and CRON jobs.
- More speed.
- I don't get a lot of traffic on these sites, they are just personal projects! They normally get a few hundred hits per day on the first few days then taper off pretty quickly.
- Right now, I have five personal projects that need hosting, though this will rapidly increase with my Learning New Things project!
- As inexpensive as possible!
At work-places, I've used Digital Ocean and company-owned Linux servers to deploy sites, so I could be convinced to use a closer to the metal solution!
So, where do you host your sites? Do you like the platform you are using? How was the learning curve to start to use that platform? Do you use any containerization to help? How about continuous integration?