Configure Azure MFA for applications
- Sign in to the Azure portal by using a Global administrator account.
- Browse to Azure Active Directory > Conditional access.
- Select New policy.
- Name your policy.
- Under users and groups, select Select users and groups, select a group, and then select Done.
- Under Cloud apps, select Select apps, choose the cloud applications for which you want to enable Azure MFA, select Select, and then select Done.
- Review the Conditions section, and then select the conditions you want.
- Under Grant, make sure that Grant access is selected, select the Require multi-factor authentication check box, and then select Select.
- Set Enable policy to On.
- Select Create.
MFA is now enabled for selected applications.
Configure Azure MFA for passwords
- In the Azure portal, open the Azure Active Directory blade.
- Select Users.
- At the top of the Users blade, select Multi-Factor Authentication. The Azure MFA management portal opens.
- Select service settings.
- Scroll to app passwords, and then select the app passwords option you want to use.
- Select save.
MFA is now enabled for users passwords.